* Being no response, Mr Wong tried to bring up the issue through a national TV channel Metro TV on a documentary show “Metro Realitas” aired on 26 Mar 2007. He also reported ALAS KUSUMA GROUP (Indonesia leading company) carried out illegal logging in Protected Forest Mt Lawang to the Police Head quarter. A police headquarter team promptly investigated into this matter in April 2007, this act not only embarrassed and angered the local authorities in West Kalimantan, but also led to the later arrest of Mr Wong.
* On 7 May 2007, Mr Wong was arrested without the present of a WARRANT nor a practical reason in Jakarta by regional authorities from West Kalimantan across the border, the warrant was issued 30 hours after his arrest. An initial case of “Illegal Logging” has been lodged against Mr Wong by Albert Dedy (an Illegal Logging suspect) who is currently being held by the Police head quarter, however with lack of evidences to lay Mr Wong a charge on Illegal Logging, they have put him on “Corruption” (PSDH-DR) instead.
* During his detention in West Kalimantan, Mr Wong has been watched and monitored closely by local authorities in an effort to stop Mr Wong communicating with the media and revealing the truth behind the incident to the Public. When Mr Wong suffered a heart attack and collapsed on 02 Jan 08, local authorities in West Kalimantan still placed great obstacles along the way to delay his treatment for the incident, a proper check up was finally performed in Jakarta on 6 Feb 08.
* More importantly, a strong indication of continuous intervention by ALAS KUSUMA GROUP behind the scene NEVER STOP !!! Majority of the media have been bribed to mislead the public with negative statements and present Mr Wong as a prime Illegal Logger when he was arrested. Media also have been paid and instructed not to report Mr Wong’s news during the court hearings.
1. As a matter of fact, there are over 57 businesses in Ketapang (a regional district) also owed PSDH-DR, and Mr Wong is not among the TOP 57 businesses there on the list. However, he is the ONLY ONE got charged, WHY ?
2. PSDH-DR is monitoring by the Forest Department, it is supposed to be Forest Department to raise the alarm and submit the report for this matter. However, it is strange from the beginning of this case, it has been fully managed by the Regional Police.
3. During the court hearings, many witnesses from the Forest Department provided false evidence at the trials by pointing out there were “Only 2 businesses in Ketapang owed PSDH-DR”. Now, it is a big question mark here, what makes them willing to take the risk of 9 years in jail by giving false evidence in the court ?
AFTER spending a whole year behind bars, Mr Wong has gone through the legal proceedings, and finally Mr Wong has been pleaded “NOT GUILTY” and released in Ketapang on 26 May 2008.
* FOR JUST 3 HOURS IN FREE AIR, Mr Tony Wong has been held in a “complete isolation” again by the regional police in Ketapang with the previous case of Illegal Logging. It is really strange, as the case of “Illegal Logging” has been dropped against Mr Wong previously with lack of evidence, and why did they raise it again right after his release ??? WHAT IF it is just an excuse and a total conspiracy to keep Mr Wong staying behind bars ???
* It is not difficult to understand WHY ? Mr Wong has begun his mission to fight Illegal Logging since 2006. The recent operation in Ketapang has successfully seized 12,000 cubic meters of illegal logs worth about RP208 billion, as well as a complete stop of Illegal timbers smuggling to Malaysia. Beside these, more than 2 dozens of people have been named suspects in Illegal Logging with government officials among them. It’s a huge loss to Illegal loggers and Corruptors, and a huge impact to all parties. However, Mr wong was once again brought to the spotlight.
(VIDEO AT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cg-Pd2UVxv4)
* It has been over a year, Mr Wong has been victimized for being committed himself to fight Illegal Logging, now when we started to see a glimmer of hope in Indonesia to be free from Illegal Logging. Once again, Mr Wong has become a “SCAPEGOAT” (KAMBING HITAM) in this matter.
* On the contrary, ALAS KUSUMA GROUP has been evidenced for their involvement in Illegal Logging since 2005, but they are still remained untouched by law. Why did no authority dare to take action against them till now ???
What’s wrong with Indonesia ???
What’s wrong with the Police ???
What’s wrong with the Legal System ???
Mr President and Mr National Police Chief : are you serious in your statements ???
“Saya minta kita mulai sekarang untuk mencegah dan tidak lagi melakukan illegal logging. Siapapun yang terlibat kejahatan ini harus diadili, (Whoever involved in illegal logging, must bring to justice)” tegas Presiden Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono pada peringatan hari Otonomi Daerah XII di Batulicin. Kabupaten Tanahbumbu, Kalimantan Selatan, Jumat (25/5/08).